Pages

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Spinning out of the zone...

comfort zone
I have a comfort zone for spinning.  I like to make a 2-ply yarn.  Most of my fibers are happy becoming this type of yarn.   And, most of my projects use this type of yarn.   

However, I like to develop new skills so











 I continue to experiment with other techniques and designs, like the corespinning and now this...


I wanted to create something completely different that will work with the other yarns in my collection.
This is what I came up with...


I spun my fave 2 ply yarn and inserted the dyed locks while plying.  The challenge being in preserving the locks and making them secure.  


I've been tugging at the locks in the knitted swatch to ensure the yarn's integrity.  It is stable, and getting a little fluffier.  This art yarn will work well in a project with the 2ply purple and with the overdyed fushisa yarn.  
overdyed yarn 

No comments:

Post a Comment