Pages

Friday, August 22, 2014

Celebrate Earth Day any day

You can celebrate  Earth Day any day by upcycling...
I have a thing for saving unwanted items and remaking them into something useful.  Here are a few of what I call my Earth Day creations.

I turned my collection of plastic grocery bags into this handwoven rag rug.  It makes a great liner for the trunk of my car.

I saved the woven plastic feed bag and converted it into a large market bag.. yeah, to use instead of collecting more of the plastic grocery bags. 

and my latest, from my husband's discarded undershirts... a knit rag rug for our little bathroom.

I created the tee shirt yarn by following the instructions in this tutorial, and knit the rug using the instructions for Rag Doily Rug (originally made from sheets).

No comments:

Post a Comment