Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2013

When knitting attacks....


as the Knitmore Girls would say... Well, I suffered a knitting attack this week, my version of the Creekbed scarf, Caribbean Surf was going all wrong... What was I thinking... 
 stitch count was off on one end and I kept going... thinking that I could re-coop somehow, well not for long.  Yep, I frogged it...right down to the lovely white angora yarn.  Fortunately, I was able to pick up all 441 stitches and carry on.   Much better....
 I do feel good about the project now as I resume my Caribbean dream.

I like this description of "frogging" from Knitty.com:

"In the knitting world, however, frogs say "rip it, rip it." And that's the reason knitters use the term "frogging" as they merrily unravel their hours worth of knitting. Okay, it's not always a particularly fun thing to do, especially if you've found a glaring error and have to rip back something complicated like fair-isle or lace. But it can be incredibly liberating to admit that, well, this here just ain't working, while posessing the sure knowledge that you have the skill and talent to make something beautiful out of a monstrosity. "

No comments:

Post a Comment